Our client, a 59-year-old man, was struck in a busy crosswalk by a van while walking across a street that had a pedestrian control signal showing a walk signal. The van launched him 10-15 feet into the air landing him onto the roadway. The client sustained multiple injuries to his shoulder and knee which required five surgeries to repair and long-term physical therapy. The case was settled for $1,800,000 after the first witness, a colleague of our client who was present during the accident, testified to the driver’s negligence. The settlement included a loss of services claim to the client’s spouse.
- This Is What You Must Do If You Suffer a Dog Bite Injury
- Five Things to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
- Here’s What You Need to Know if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident in NYC
- Important Steps to Take If You Are Hit by a Falling Object in NYC
- $900,000 Settlement: Landlord Didn’t Fix Damaged Sidewalk