Alan M. Greenberg
New York, NY
In 1996, Alan founded Greenberg Law P.C., representing thousands of accident victims and their families and zealously fighting for the compensation his clients deserve. His reputation for excellence encompasses immense experience in both federal and state courts throughout the New York State, taking over 100 personal injury cases to verdict from medical malpractice and wrongful death to motor vehicle accidents and more.
Alan is widely recognized for accepting-and winning-difficult cases too intimidating, challenging, or complex for other lawyers to handle. For his exceptional trial skills, other attorneys and law firms retain Alan to take on complicated and lengthy trials.
Major publications including the New York Times recognize Alan for his skills and expertise as a personal injury trial attorney. His peers have nominated him to its Super Lawyers list every consecutive year since 2010. The publication also featured Alan in a three-day article series highlighting his successful $3 million dollar verdict in a fallen tree accident against the City of New York on behalf of the family of a woman killed by a fallen tree in a thunderstorm.
The groundbreaking case set a precedent in New York State for an award, sustained on appeal, of $350,000.00 for just 4-8 seconds of conscious pain and suffering-the highest amount ever sustained in the state for the briefest period of pain and suffering. To read more about Alan's unprecedented work on this case, click here: www.nytimes.com.
Alan believes that serving his community makes him a stronger advocate. He has lectured extensively to attorneys and law school students about building a successful personal injury practice. Alan is a board member of New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Jewish Lawyers Guild, a member of the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Dean's Leadership Circle, and a member of the American Association for Justice.
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1985
- Yeshiva University
- B.A. - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- Jewish Lawyers Guild
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Member Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Panel Member of the Legal Referral Service Association of the Bar of The City of New York
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Dean’s Leadership Circle, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
Current Employment Position
- Principal Attorney and Founding Partner
- New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1986
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1986
- Super Lawyers