Joseph P. DePaola
Location : New York, NY
Joseph P. DePaola joined Greenberg Law, P.C. in 2019 as counsel to the firm. Joe is a uniquely skilled litigator, as comfortable arguing facts to a jury as he is arguing a point of law to a panel of appellate judges. He's successfully represented clients in bench trials to verdict, jury trials to verdict and arbitrations to decision. Joe has also represented clients in New York's highest appellate court, the Court of Appeals, and the Appellate Divisions of the Supreme Court of the State of New York.
More importantly, Joe understands the importance of listening to his clients completely, guiding them through the complicated process of a personal injury claim, and developing a unique strategy for each case. In Joe's more than decade of practicing law he has employed this approach to win justice for his clients, including:
- $480,000 verdict for a pedestrian struck by a livery cab;
- $300,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a pedestrian struck by a truck;
- $265,000 settlement for a victim of nursing and medical malpractice.
Joe also has experience representing clients in insurance coverage and commercial litigation cases. He was a contributing author to the New York State Bar Association publication Insurance Law Practice, Second Edition (Ch. 18 Actions Brought By & Against Insurers) and also authored the article "Laying the Foundation for the Admission of the Results of a Favorable Defendant's Medical Examination" for the New York State Trial Lawyer Association's publication Bill of Particulars.
Joe is a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice and the New York State Bar Association. Joe is a lifelong New Yorker and lives in Manhattan with his wife and two young children.
- St. John's University School of Law, Queens, New York
- J.D. - 2005
- The George Washington University
- Contributing Author, New York State Bar Association publication Insurance Law Practice, Second Edition
- Author, Laying the Foundation for the Admission of the Results of a Favorable Defendant’s Medical Examination for the New York State Trial Lawyer Association’s publication Bill of Particulars
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York, 2006
- Connecticut, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2007