Our client, a 42-year-old female, who was working as an assistant manager in a bookstore at a shopping mall, slipped and fell on a wet floor sustaining a severe injury to her left knee ligament. Our client underwent conservative treatment for her injuries and eventually returned to work but her left leg condition continued to deteriorate over the course of three years leaving her with a seriously unstable knee. She underwent repeated arthroscopic surgeries, arthrodesis or surgical immobilization of the joint, and eventually a total knee arthrotomy or cutting of the knee’s joint. She subsequently developed a frozen knee joint due to a build up of scar tissue. She was left with a severe limp and requires the use of a cane. Our client continues to suffer from constant pain and depression. The case settled, during trial, for $900,000 for her past and future pain and suffering.
- This Is What You Must Do If You Suffer a Dog Bite Injury
- Five Things to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
- Here’s What You Need to Know if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident in NYC
- Important Steps to Take If You Are Hit by a Falling Object in NYC
- $900,000 Settlement: Landlord Didn’t Fix Damaged Sidewalk