Our client, a 42-year-old female, who was working as an assistant manager in a bookstore at a shopping mall, slipped and fell on a wet floor sustaining a severe injury to her left knee ligament. Our client underwent conservative treatment for her injuries and eventually returned to work but her left leg condition continued to deteriorate over the course of three years leaving her with a seriously unstable knee. She underwent repeated arthroscopic surgeries, arthrodesis or surgical immobilization of the joint, and eventually a total knee arthrotomy or cutting of the knee’s joint. She subsequently developed a frozen knee joint due to a build up of scar tissue. She was left with a severe limp and requires the use of a cane. Our client continues to suffer from constant pain and depression. The case settled, during trial, for $900,000 for her past and future pain and suffering.
- What to Know When Meeting With a Personal Injury Attorney for the First Time
- Is Your Personal Injury Attorney Ready for Trial?
- What to Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
- $500,000 Settlement: Trucker’s Bad Merge Caused Accident
- $750,000 Settlement: Bus Driver didn’t yield at crosswalk, injured woman claimed