Our client, a 46-year-old hard working undocumented alien, was injured while on the job as a maintenance worker when he attempted to clean an overhead duct. The task necessitated the use of an A-frame ladder which tipped over while he was standing on it causing him to fall 10 feet and sustain a severe fracture to his leg and ankle. The client underwent three surgical procedures over the course of two years to repair the fractures. Mr. Greenberg sued the premises owner, the building tenants, the companies that assigned him to the maintenance job, and a related cleaning service company, alleging that the defendants violated New York State Labor Laws. A pre-trial settlement was reached by the Law Offices of Alan M. Greenberg P.C. while a motion for summary judgment in our client’s favor was pending in the amount of $750,000.
- This Is What You Must Do If You’re Hit by a Vehicle
- $650,000 Settlement: Woman Struck by Car Making Illegal Left-hand Turn in Manhattan
- Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
- $492,000 Settlement: Woman Injured After Tripping Over Raised Sidewalk Flag
- Protect Your Assets with Personal Liability Insurance