Our client, a 63-year-old man, was injured when a 40-year-old radiator burst in his apartment as a result of negligent maintenance resulting in severe full-thickness burns to both of his feet. The client spent nine months on a burn unit at a local hospital and underwent 16 surgeries on both feet for debridement and grafting, eventually losing his lower left leg to a below knee amputation. He spent three months in short term rehabilitation learning and training in the use of a prosthetic leg for ambulation. Mr. Greenberg sued the building’s co-op board and management company, the general contractor, a contracted engineering consultant and the independent contractor hired by the co-op board to install the boiler system. GREENBERG LAW P.C. settled this case for $5,100,00 to cover past and future pain and suffering.
- This Is What You Must Do If You Suffer a Dog Bite Injury
- Five Things to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
- Here’s What You Need to Know if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident in NYC
- Important Steps to Take If You Are Hit by a Falling Object in NYC
- $900,000 Settlement: Landlord Didn’t Fix Damaged Sidewalk