Our client, a healthy 87-year-old woman, stumbled and fell on a poorly lit and inadequately designed staircase inside a fancy New York City restaurant. She claimed that the color of the stair treads and nosings were uniform and created an optical illusion causing her to fall. She sustained life-altering fractures to her hip and shoulder requiring several surgical repairs. Our client spent several weeks in the hospital followed by intensive physical therapy and eventually went home but required two home-health aides to assist her with her daily living skills. Mr. Greenberg sued the premises manager and the premises owner. An expert was hired to opine as to the conditions violated by several municipal and state codes. A pre-trial settlement in the amount of $450,000 was reached to avoid the ordeal of a trail.
- This Is What You Must Do If You Suffer a Dog Bite Injury
- Five Things to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
- Here’s What You Need to Know if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident in NYC
- Important Steps to Take If You Are Hit by a Falling Object in NYC
- $900,000 Settlement: Landlord Didn’t Fix Damaged Sidewalk