Our client, a 6-year-old child, was bitten by a horse when she accidentally fell into a horse stable while standing on a wooden rail fence, watching horses. A stable hand had been watching the child and other children, but that person left the site several minutes prior to the accident leaving the children unsupervised. Our client sustained serious injuries to her face, jaw and mouth as a result of the horse bite and underwent six reconstructive surgeries and was placed in an induced coma to facilitate some of the surgeries. The resultant scarring from the surgeries and from the puncture wounds are permanent in nature and may require future revisions. The stable and its owners were sued. The case was settled pre-trial by Mr. Greenberg in the amount of $250,000.
- This Is What You Must Do If You Suffer a Dog Bite Injury
- Five Things to Do If You Are Injured by a Defective Product
- Here’s What You Need to Know if You Are in a Motor Vehicle Accident in NYC
- Important Steps to Take If You Are Hit by a Falling Object in NYC
- $900,000 Settlement: Landlord Didn’t Fix Damaged Sidewalk